Friends of ShopJimmy,
We wanted to write you a quick thank you note for your patience these past few days (and probably these next few days) as we sort out a few issues with our recent system upgrade. We launched this new system and some website updates last Saturday and hit a couple speed bumps in the process. You may have noticed a broken link or were unable to search our site or checkout.
The good news: We’re on our way to fixing these issues and continuing to improve our website and your ShopJimmy experience.
The great news: For your patience and continued support, enjoy this 10% off coupon: SJTHANKS95. It’s valid once through the end of September (9/30) and several product exclusions apply.
So, again, thank you. We appreciate your business!
P.S. It’s officially football season! Which team is going to hoist the trophy next February? Send an email to Ryan (email@example.com) with “Football” in the subject line and your pick to win the big game. If you have ESP(N) and guess the correct team, we’ll send you a cool prize! Your pick must be submitted before this Sunday (9/9). Go Vikings!
Friends of ShopJimmy,
Ever had a hankering to visit good ‘ole Minnesoooota and tour ShopJimmy? Here’s your chance! And, even better, it’s a free, all-inclusive trip for two!
Every time you place a lamp and/or bulb order greater than 5 pieces in July, you are automatically entered into our drawing to win this free trip! We will be announcing the winner during our NPSC breakout session on Thursday, August 2nd at 3:30 pm. The more 5+ lamp/bulb orders you make during July, the better chance you have to win!
The prize includes:
- Roundtrip airfare for two from anywhere in the US to Minneapolis/St. Paul
– Two nights at a nearby hotel (9/7/12 and 9/8/12)
– A behind-the-scenes tour of ShopJimmy
– Tickets to the Minnesota Twins vs. Cleveland Indians game on Saturday, September 8th with Jimmy and crew
– Meals courtesy of ShopJimmy
Pretty awesome, huh? We’re looking forward to showing YOU around our headquarters and hometown!
The not-so-fine print: US customers only, flights/hotels TBD by ShopJimmy, contest ends 7/31/12, individual orders must include at least 5 lamps/bulbs to be entered into the drawing, NESDA Members only. In the event that the winner cannot redeem the prize, additional names will be drawn after NPSC.
We’re thinking of a TV part — can you guess it? Here’s our Halloween-inspired clue:
The first person to guess the exact part (and add the SJ link to that part in their comment) wins 20% off! Good luck! Thanks to Nate, our Parts Manager and birthday boy, for the creative clue.
We’re thinking of a TV part — can you guess it? Here’s our clue (it’s a Rebus Puzzle!):
The first person to guess the exact part (and add the SJ link to that part to their comment) wins 20% off! Good luck! Thanks to Nate, our Parts Manager, for the creative clue.
We’re thinking of a TV part — can you guess it? Here’s our clue (it’s a tricky one!):
Orators from both sides gave speeches during Longfellow Virgil Montgomery’s 37th Women’s Three-Legged Race at his house in West Virginia.
The first person to guess the exact part (and add the SJ link to that part to their comment) wins 20% off! Good luck! Thanks to Nate, our Parts Manager, for the great clue.
What’s going on in this picture of Jon and Justin standing next to a giant Mitsubishi TV at NPSC? Submit your best captions in the comments section of this blog post! If we really like one (or more!), discounts may follow. Be creative! Be funny! We’re looking forward to them…
Posted on : 21-Jul-2011 | By : Ryan | In : Contests
How many recycling facilities (worldwide) are certified to smelt and recycle the cathode ray tubes of old TVs?
The first person to comment on this post with the correct answer gets 10% off their next ShopJimmy order! Please include your email address in the “Mail” field, so we can congratulate you and give you the promo code.
Update: Congrats to Jim! According to MIT’s research on refurbished electronics (dubbed backtalk), there are only 13 recycling facilities capable of recycling CRTs and all of them are in Asia.
It’s Friday and we feel like giving away a discount! We’re thinking of a part — can you guess it?
Here are our clues:
- Children should be seen and not heard. When I’m not working, I don’t follow this rule.
- Wheel of Fortune fact: You would need to buy all five vowels in my title, and I have 10 consonants.
- I’m priced higher than: http://www.shopjimmy.com/ilo-771el27ad04-04i-main-unit-rebuild.htm
- But lower than: http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-272217100692-power-supply.htm
- Shopjimmy only has two known models for me. Pelco makes one of them.
The first person to guess the exact part (and add the SJ link to that part to their comment) wins 25% off! Good luck!
We ran a caption contest for a picture of a parts robot a couple days ago, and you know what? We have some pretty dang creative and funny customers! We polled SJ employees for the top four captions and here are the finalists. Please help us by voting for your favorite! The caption with the most votes by the end of this week (Sunday at 11:59 pm CST) will receive $50 in SJ bucks and the runner-up will receive $25! Thanks for your input!
What’s this parts robot thinking? Submit your best captions in the comments section of this blog post! If we really like one (or more!), discounts may follow. Be creative! Be funny! We’re looking forward to them…
Well, this year’s tournament lived up to its maddening moniker. VCU? Butler… again? Not a #1 seed? The bracketology gods couldn’t even give us a #2 seed?
At the time we were running this contest, we also experienced some maddening server issues. Only four contestants were able to sneak in their picks during our intermittent downtime. Needless to say, not one of ‘em picked a semifinal team. Their predictions were littered with the tombstones of Kansas, Duke, Ohio St., Pittsburgh, Florida, UNC, etc.
We offered $100 in “SJ bucks” to the winner and $50 to the runner-up. Since nobody won, I guess we’ll just have to say that everyone wins! We’re going to divide that $150 evenly between the four contestants.
Congrats — John, Matt, Joe, and Patrick!
And the best part about this tournament? It’s not over yet…
ATTENTION ALL COLLEGE BASKETBALL FANS:
Think you know who’ll cut down the nets? Test your bracket-picking skills and win up to $100 towards your next ShopJimmy purchase!
Here are the official rules and details:
1. If you don’t know what schools made it into the tournament, click here to view the bracket.
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Your four, semifinal teams (we can’t use any trademarked phrases).
- The two teams you think will advance to the championship game.
- The nets-cutting, trophy-raising winning school.
3. Since the tournament of 64 teams starts on Thursday (3/17), all entries must be submitted by Wednesday (3/16) at 11:59 pm CST.
4. Contestants will be scored by the following: 1 point for every correct semifinal pick, 2 points for each correct final pick, and 5 points if you pick the correct champion. These points will be combined to identify the winner.
5. The contestant with the most points wins $100 towards any purchase (or multiple purchases) at ShopJimmy. The second place contestant wins $50. If there are ties, the winnings will be split evenly.
Well, it looks like the Lombardi Trophy is going home! What did you guys think of the game? Sound off in the comments section below!
For our “Big Game” Challenge, we had an astounding 39 participants! Here’s the breakdown of your predictions:
Congrats to the 26 contestants receiving a 10% off coupon! Remember, there was also a 50% off coupon on the line for any person who correctly guessed the final score. With a two-point conversion late in the game, the final score wasn’t typical: 31 – 25
While nobody guessed this score, Dennis from Paul’s TV in Englewood, Ohio was only one point off! We think that’s pretty dang close, so he’s getting a 25% off coupon!
Thanks for playing! Again, we want to hear your analysis of the game in the comments!
I don’t know how familiar you are with the NFL, but they don’t particularly like others using their “terms” for marketing. Fair enough. To alleviate any confusion, this “Big Game” we’re referencing is the most watched television event of the year. It’s also at the largest stadium in the NFL. And prices to watch the game at this stadium are reaching $800… for parking.
So, what’s the SJ “Big Game” Challenge? It’s a two-part contest with 60% off your next SJ purchase up for grabs!
1. Pick a winner: the Green Bay Packers or the Pittsburgh Steelers. If you pick the correct champ, you get a coupon for 10% off your next order!
2. Guess the final score: if you pick the correct winner and guess the exact, final score, you’ll get an additional 50% off coupon!
IMPORTANT: email all predictions to me, email@example.com, by no later than 6:00 pm EST on Sunday, February 6th.