Posted on : 05-Mar-2012 | By : Ryan | In : SJ News, Website Update
We just updated our “My Account” and “My Cart” features to make navigating through our site easier. If you look near the top of any page (except the blog pages, for now), you’ll see these updates in our “header” (contains our logo and various icons: TV Parts, Help, About Us, etc.). From the header, you can login and access your account info, view your cart and edit/remove any TV parts in your cart, and also proceed to checkout without leaving the page!
To login: If you hover over the “My Account” icon, you’ll notice a drop-down appears to enter your account login information. You can also recover a forgotten password or create a new account from this area.
Accessing your account info: Once you’ve successfully logged into your account, you’ll notice a list of links to your account pages.
Viewing your shopping cart and checking out: If you’re not logged into your account or haven’t added any TV parts to your cart, you’ll notice that the “My Cart” drop-down is empty if you hover over it. Once you login (if you’ve added parts to your cart in the past) or add new TV parts to your cart, you’ll see that they display in this drop-down. You can edit quantities, remove parts, continue shopping, and proceed to checkout from this area.
Logging out: In the “My Account” drop-down, you’ll see a link to log out.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues or have any questions regarding these new features. Thanks!
We spend a great deal of time trying to find and test substitute TV parts. If you scroll down to the bottom of many product pages, you’ll notice that we have a “Substitute Parts” section:
These are compatible parts that we’ve researched and tested. Yes, one of our experienced TV techs has actually tested every substitute on our website. To make finding these substitutes easier for you, especially on out-of-stock TV parts, we also added this section (“These TV Parts Also Work”) near the top of the product page:
If you know of a proven substitute and it’s not listed on the product page of its compatible TV part, please use the “Let us know!” link to inform us! If we’re able to test and confirm your tip, we’ll gladly give you a discount toward your next purchase! Thanks for your help.
*The number of manufacturers on our updated TV brands page! You can use this page to search by brand, as each linked brand will take you to a page that displays our available parts by model number.
From time to time, we desperately need your help. This, friends, is one of those instances.
1. Go here: http://avsjimmy.shopjimmy.com/tv-parts/bp94-02661a-samsung-power-supply.htm
2. If you receive an error message, email us immediately (email@example.com) and we’ll give you further instructions.
3. If you help us fix this website “bug,” we’ll give you 50% off your next order!
Also, if you ever come across an error on our site and think it’s our bad, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll do a little “CSI: SJ” and investigate the issue. If our fingerprints are all over the crime scene, we’ll give you a coupon for 10% off!
Thanks for your help!
We just updated our website with a new header (the top of the site) and footer (the bottom of the site). As you can tell, we changed some of the navigation at the top. Here are some tips to aid your new ShopJimmy experience:
1. Use the “TV Parts” drop-down to search by our top TV brands and TV parts.
2. Our “Help” section will (hopefully!) answer every question you may have about: shipping, returns, international delivery, what we do to help technicians, a new Spanish help section, and our “Find a TV Repair Shop” tool.
3. Want to learn more about us and connect on Facebook or Twitter? Check out the links in our “About Us” section!
If you notice anything odd about the design, please let us know. Thanks!
(Yes, we know our blog isn’t updated yet. Patience. Baby steps. We’ll get it updated ASAP!)
We made a big change to our site this week by totally redesigning our search results. A couple new features you’ll notice:
1. TV Kits results display first. We’re working on acquiring more models, but you should notice results for various Vizio TV models.
2. In-stock parts display first to make your search a little faster. You can still request out-of-stock parts or sign-up to be notified when we have a certain TV part again!
3. The design is a little bigger, cleaner, and hopefully, easier to scan. We’re still making tweaks, but it’s close!
If you see results that don’t look quite right, please clear your cache (Windows users: press Ctrl+Shift+R)! Also, feel free to give us your two cents about this new design in the comments section. Thanks!
We know there are a lot of interesting things on the web today, but we want to make it as easy as possible for you to follow our blog. Here are a couple ways you can stay in the SJ loop:
1. You can add our posts to your RSS feed. RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication.” Basically, it’s a way for you to keep track of all of your favorite sites’ updates and posts in one feed. Look for this link (see pic to the right) on our blog to add us to your RSS feed.
2. Follow us on Twitter. While we don’t tweet all the time, we do make sure to tweet blog posts. Plus, it’s something you can brag about to your kids (we know those moments can be few and far between).
3. If you do follow us on Twitter, you can set an SMS notification (text message) for our blog-related tweets. Click here and follow their instructions (the verification process takes one text message and about two minutes). Once your phone number is verified with Twitter, head over to our Twitter page and click on the phone icon (see pic to the right) to receive texts when we post cool stuff!
4. Bookmark our blog in your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).
5. If all else fails, check back often! We try to post at least a few times a week.
Posted on : 12-Apr-2011 | By : Ryan | In : SJ News, Website Update
If you didn’t notice, we added a new section to our homepage: Top TV Parts. It will be constantly updated with parts that we know you’re searching for, so we hope it makes your life a little easier!
What do you think about it? What would you change? We’d love your feedback! Thanks!
This post is dedicated to our awesome, Vikings-loving web designer, Caleb.
We like Internet Explorer (IE) users. We really do. HOWEVER (yes, it’s worth all caps), we are not fond of Internet Explorer 6 users (the default browser for Windows XP). It’s an outdated and pathetic browser. And ShopJimmy isn’t dressed in its “Sunday’s best” in IE6. Heck, even Microsoft’s tracking its demise.
Regardless of what version of IE you use, please upgrade your browser NOW! They just released a new version. It’s completely free and safe to download. You won’t regret it, trust us nerds.
Posted on : 15-Mar-2011 | By : Ryan | In : SJ News, Website Update
We come to you with a frowning logo. This past week, we’ve tried to upgrade our servers so that our website runs faster and is never down. Ironically, during this process, our site has been down periodically.
We sincerely apologize. There’s a 15% off coupon (SJOURBAD3) and free ground shipping (both good through the end of March!) to hopefully offset the inconvenience we may have caused you or your business, but we invite you to keep reading — there’s light at the end of this bandwidth cable!
As you’re reading this, we’re running on our new servers. How will this improve your ShopJimmy experience? Expect faster page loads, quicker checkouts, and (cross your fingers!) no downtime. Yep, we’re pretty excited about it, too.
We want to thank you for your patience this past week. If you have any good techniques to hide new gray hairs, please let us know!
For the past two years, we’ve dedicated February to customer feedback. We all encounter companies daily who don’t simply listen, so we want to make sure we’re not “one of them.” We conducted a very fruitful customer survey last year, but this year we’re doing something a little different (and cooler, in our humble opinions). If you haven’t noticed, we added a feedback tab to the left side of each page (it will be present year-round).
If you have an idea that would help us, we’d love to hear it! Our feedback system works two ways:
1. You can vote for existing ideas/feedback. This will help us prioritize (and increase our awareness of) feedback and issues.
2. If you don’t see current feedback that matches your thoughts, submit an idea! Click on the “Go to our Feedback Forum” link and detail your suggestion. There’s no name, email, or sign-up required.
P.S. We don’t want you to think we only listen to you in February. We’re also customer-focused the other 11 months each year. We promise.
If you didn’t notice, we had some website issues today. We sincerely apologize for any delays or inconveniences this caused you or your business.
We’re escalating resources to fix our server issues (the cause). In the meantime, enjoy this 10% off coupon on us (valid the rest of today and tomorrow): SJOURBAD2
Thanks for your patience!
Posted on : 30-Nov-2010 | By : Ryan | In : SJ News, Website Update
We’re scrambling to fix our site and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it’s caused you yesterday and this morning.
Thanks for your patience!
Posted on : 22-Jun-2010 | By : Ryan | In : SJ News, Website Update
If you haven’t noticed, we made some updates to our site and logo! We based these changes on your feedback and data from our site’s analytics. Hopefully, these tweaks (along with others we’re developing) will make your ShopJimmy experience better!
Thanks for your feedback! If you’d like to write (or vent) more about our changes, feel free to add a comment below.