US Returns Policy | International Returns Policy
US Returns Policy
Please make sure to follow these guidelines when returning your part(s) to ensure the proper and efficient processing of your return. Incorrect returns will be denied by our Returns Department and sent back to you at your expense. To prevent denied returns, we’ve provided you with an easy checklist:
● Is it within 30 days of when you placed this order?
● Have you called (952) 881-6492 or emailed email@example.com to receive a Return Authorization Number (RMA Number)?
● Does the part(s) you’re returning have our ShopJimmy identifier? If a part is returned without our identifier, we will send you an email the day we receive it. If we don't hear back from you within a week, we'll give you a call. If two weeks pass after we received your return and we can't get in touch with you, we will be forced to deny the return.
● Is your part(s) packed in the original bag, box, and includes original labels?
● Is the RMA Number visible on the OUTSIDE of the package? If the RMA Number is not visible on the outside of the package, the Returns Department will refuse the package, and it will be returned to you at your expense.
● Are you sending the return to our – ShopJimmy – address: 2300 West Highway 13, Burnsville, MN 55337
● Will your return arrive at ShopJimmy within 14 days of when you received your RMA Number?
NEW / UNUSED RETURNS
We will take back any new/unused product over $25 (subtotal). Please contact us before returning your purchase to receive a Return Authorization Number (RMA Number). Returned orders WILL NOT be processed without a valid RMA Number. RMA Numbers are available for 30 days after the order date. New/Unused purchases can be returned at the purchaser's expense for a refund, minus the initial shipping charge on the purchase. Our Returns Department must receive your return within 14 days after you received your RMA Number. If you are a ShopJimmy Gray or White Member (login to your account if you're not sure and you'll see your group membership on your "Account Dashboard"), you will be charged a 20% restocking fee for any new/unused product.
There are no new/unused returns on TV Kits, as each part is fully tested. However, all of our TV Kits do carry a 180-day warranty. If you encounter a defective TV Kit during this warranty period, please contact Jon (firstname.lastname@example.org). We handle TV Kit Warranty Claims on a case-by-case basis.
Please return all TV parts included in your TV Kit. For security purposes, all of our TV Kits are marked with a ShopJimmy TV Kit identifier, so your Warranty Claim will be visually inspected for that identifying marking. If this marking is not present on the TV Kit, the claim will be denied.
"SCRATCH & DENT" / REFURBISHED TVS
We call our TVs "Scratch & Dent" because they may include various cosmetic defects: screen scratches, dead pixels, lines, or repainted cabinets. Please note that these are not "refurbished" TVs, and we can't detail individual defects for each TV. Using a little industry lingo, these TVs are called "C stock" units.
We do allow returns (within 90 days of order date) on defective "Scratch & Dent" and Refurbished TVs. A defective TV simply does not function properly: the volume doesn't work, the set doesn't turn on, etc. "Defective" does not include any of the cosmetic defects described above.
If your TV is defective, here's what you can do:
- Contact us and we'll send you a return shipping label (on our dime) and RMA number.
- We will then try to replace the TV with the same TV make and model. If we're out-of-stock on that make and model, we will try to fix it.
- If all else fails, we will gladly ship you another TV (same size) of a like or better make and model.
Again, we don't accept returns on working "Scratch & Dent" or Refurbished TVs. We appreciate your understanding. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
EXPIRED CREDIT CARDS / STORE CREDIT
If your credit card expires before the date of your refund, we will give you ShopJimmy Store Credit that matches the full amount of your refund. Store Credit can not be redeemed for cash or check.
DEFECTIVE / WARRANTY CLAIMS
Every TV part we sell is backed by a 180-day warranty (replacement DLP lamps carry a 12-month warranty). This warranty protects you from dead-on-arrival (DOA) and defective TV parts. Any product under $25 (subtotal) does not need to be returned; we will give you a full refund in ShopJimmy Store Credits.
For all Defective / Warranty Claims, please follow these instructions:
If your TV part fails within its allotted warranty, please file a Warranty Claim with our Returns Department. To do this, please email us (email@example.com) with the following information: your order number, TV model number, original part number, and defective claim. Our Returns Department will then issue you a Return Authorization Number (RMA Number) via email and walk you through the returns process.
For security purposes, all of our TV parts are marked with our ShopJimmy identifier, so your Warranty Claim will be visually inspected for that identifying marking. If this marking is not present on the TV part(s), the claim will be denied and you will be notified by phone.
If your Warranty Claim is accepted, we will send you a replacement part(s). If we do not have a compatible, replacement part in-stock, we will refund you:
- Within 3 months of your order date: We will refund you in full via the payment method you used to place the order.
- After 3 months (and up to the end of the warranty period): We will refund you in full via ShopJimmy credit, which can be used toward future ShopJimmy purchases with no expiration.
If you are a certified technician and your Warranty Claim is denied, you will be charged the return shipping cost (the cost of the return shipping label). Our Restocking Fee (20% for non-registered technicians) may also apply to denied Warranty Claims.
Don't have our shipping insert with our Returns Policies and checklist? Download it here to avoid a denied return! The file may take a minute to download on a slower internet connection, so please be patient if it doesn't display immediately.