A Quick History Lesson
Jimmy Vosika, founder and Director of Partology, started buying and selling reclaimed TVs on eBay in 2007. He's a pretty smart guy (don't tell him we actually admitted that) and soon discovered that harvesting the undamaged TV parts inside these TVs is a better business model and more eco-friendly. And just like that, ShopJimmy was born.
Pretty soon after ShopJimmy's launch, Jimmy migrated the business to its own website, ShopJimmy.com (yep, you're in the right place). Five buildings, 15 years, and hundreds of thousands of parts later, we now offer TV parts and components, tech tools, appliance parts, vacuum parts and more to over half a million customers across the globe.
Throughout this journey, we've tried our darnedest to maintain our Midwestern roots and values. We're still based just south of Minneapolis, MN, and we're a group of folks who like to root for the Vikings (there are also a few "cheeseheads" among us) and complain about the cold. Thank you for your support and allowing us to make repair easier!
We're TV Part Smart
You could say we're mildly obsessed with TV parts. We demand quality. We seek compatibilities. We want to make TV repair easier. And we acquire TV parts from a variety of sources and channels, which allow us to offer the most comprehensive inventory in the industry.
Harvesting: We recover all of the working parts from new TVs damaged during manufacturer-to-retailer shipping (2,000+ per week), breaking down every TV in-house and inspecting every part three times.
Sourcing: We also source TV parts and components directly from manufacturers to meet the fluctuating repair demands for certain TV models.
Partnerships: We developed innovative partnerships to both expand our inventory offerings and manufacture our very own products.
- Newsweek's "America's Fastest Growing Online Shops": 2022
- Inc. Magazine 500|5000 List: '11 (#224), '12 (#721), '13 (#938), '14 (#1,583), '15 (#3,447)
- Forbes' "America's Most Promising Companies": 2011 (#64)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's "100 Best Companies to Work For": 2012
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's "Fast 50": 2012 (#11), 2014 (#10)
- Star Tribune's "Top Work Places": 2012
- Reverse Logistics Association's "Best Reverse Logistics Vendor Solution": 2011
- NESDA's "PARTner in Excellence" Award: 2009-2012, 2015-2016
- BSI: ISO 9001 & 14001 Certified
A Mission to Make You Happy
Our goal is to make you completely happy. This mission impacts every aspect of our business, especially our customer service. We have an experienced group Customer Service Reps who know their parts, actually enjoy small talk, and want to ensure that you have the best possible experience with us.
Chat with us online. Send us an email. Hire a singing telegram or use a carrier pigeon. We are here to help you have a successful repair journey!